- Are hyperlink colors standard?
- Are the field backgrounds the correct color?
- Are the field prompts the correct color?
- Are the screen and field colors adjusted correctly for non-editable mode?
- Does the site use (approximately) standard link colors?
- Are all the buttons are in standard format and size?
- Is the general screen background the correct color ?
- Is the page background color distraction free?
- All fonts to be the same(Headings, Body text, Title and Links)
- Are all the screen prompts specified in the correct screen font?
- Does content remain if you need to go back to a previous page, or if you move forward to another new page? (Note: This may be altered based on the application and the requirement)
- Is all text properly aligned?
- Is the text in all fields specified in the correct screen font?
- Is all the heading are left aligned
- Does the first letter of the second word appears in lowercase?
- Are all graphics properly aligned?
- Are graphics being used the most efficient use of file size?
- Are graphics optimized for quick downloads?
- Assure that command buttons are all of similar size and shape, and same font & font size.
- Banner style & size & display exact same as existing windows
- Does text wrap properly around pictures/graphics?
- Is it visually consistent even without graphics?
- Is all the error message text spelt correctly on this screen?
- Is all the micro-help text (i.e tool tip) spelt correctly on this screen?
- Micro help text (i.e tool tip) for every enabled field & button
- Progress messages on load of tabbed(active screens) screens
- Are all disabled fields avoided in the TAB sequence?
- Are all read-only fields avoided in the TAB sequence?
- Can all screens accessible via buttons on this screen be accessed correctly?
- Does a scrollbar appear if required?
- Does the Tab Order specified on the screen go in sequence from Top Left to bottom right? This is the default unless otherwise specified.
- Is there a link to home on every single page?
- On open of tab focus will be on first editable field
- When an error message occurs does the focus return to the field in error when the user cancels it?
- Are all the field prompts spelt correctly?
- Are fonts too large or too small to read?
- Are names in command button & option box names are not abbreviations.
- Assure that option boxes, option buttons, and command buttons are logically grouped together in clearly demarcated areas “Group Box”
- Can the typical user run the system without frustration?
- Do pages print legibly without cutting off text?
- Does the site convey a clear sense of its intended audience?
- Does the site have a consistent, clearly recognizable “look-&-feel”?
- Does User cab Login Member Area with both UserName/Email ID?
- Does the site look good on 640 x 480, 600×800 etc.?
- Does the system provide or facilitate customer service? i.e. responsive, helpful, accurate?
- Is all terminology understandable for all of the site’s intended users?
- Move mouse to text box and it should be changed to insert bar for editable text field and should remain unchanged for non-editable text field.
- Test overflowing text box by inserting as many characters as you can in the text field. Also test width of the text field by entering all capital W.
- Enter invalid characters, special characters and make sure that there is no abnormality.
- User should be able to select text using Shift + arrow keys. Selection should be possible using mouse and double click should select entire text in the text box.
- Only one should be selected from the given option.
- User should be able to select any button using mouse or key board
- Arrow key should set/unset the radio buttons.
- User should be able to select any combination of check boxes
- Clicking mouse on the box should set/unset the check box.
- Space bar should also do the same.
10. Push Buttons
- All buttons except OK/Cancel should have a letter access to them. This is indicated by a letter underlined in the button text. The button should be activated by pressing ALT
- Clicking each button with mouse should activate it and trigger required action.
- Similarly, after giving focus SPACE or RETURN button should also do the same.
- If there is any Cancel button on the screen, pressing Esc should activate it.
11. DropDownList Boxes
- Pressing the arrow should give list of options available to the user. List can be scrollable but user should not be able to type in.
- Pressing Ctrl-F4 should open the list box.
- Pressing a letter should bring the first item in the list starting with the same letter.
- Items should be in alphabetical order in any list.
- Selected item should be displayed on the list.
- There should be only one blank space in the dropdown list.
12. Combo Box
- Similar to the list mentioned above, but user should be able to enter text in it.
13. List Boxes
- Should allow single select, either by mouse or arrow keys.
- Pressing any letter should take you to the first element starting with that letter
- If there are view/open button, double clicking on icon should be mapped to these behavior.
- Make sure that all the data can be seen using scroll bar.
Functionality Aspects :-
- Check that the link takes you to the page it said it would.
- Ensure to have no orphan pages (a page that has no links to it)
- Check all of your links to other websites
- Are all referenced web sites or email addresses hyperlinked?
- If we have removed some of the pages from our own site, set up a custom 404 page that redirects your visitors to your home page (or a search page) when the user try to access a page that no longer exists.
- Check all mailto links and whether it reaches properly.
- Acceptance of invalid input
- Optional versus mandatory fields
- Input longer than field allows
- Radio buttons
- Default values on page load/reload(Also terms and conditions should be disabled)
- Is Command Button can be used for Hyperlinks and Continue Links ?
- Is all the data inside combo/list box are arranged in chronological order?
- Are all of the parts of a table or form present? Correctly laid out? Can you confirm that selected texts are in the “right place?
- Does a scrollbar appear if required?
3. Data Verification and Validation
- At no point of time the system should behave awkwardly when an invalid data is fed
- Check to see what happens if a user deletes cookies while in site
- Check to see what happens if a user deletes cookies after visiting a site
Application Specific Functional Requirements:-
1. Data Integration
- Check the maximum field lengths to ensure that there are no truncated characters?
- If numeric fields accept negative values can these be stored correctly on the database and does it make sense for the field to accept negative numbers?
- If a particular set of data is saved to the database check that each value gets saved fully to the database. (i.e.) Beware of truncation (of strings) and rounding of numeric values.
2. Data Field Checks
- Assure that leap years are validated correctly & do not cause errors/miscalculations.
- Assure that Feb. 28, 29, 30 are validated correctly & do not cause errors/ miscalculations.
- Is copyright for all the sites includes Yahoo co-branded sites are updated.
3. Numeric Fields
- Assure that lowest and highest values are handled correctly.
- Assure that numeric fields with a blank in position 1 are processed or reported as an error.
- Assure that fields with a blank in the last position are processed or reported as an error an error.
- Assure that both + and – values are correctly processed.
- Assure that division by zero does not occur.
- Include value zero in all calculations.
- Assure that upper and lower values in ranges are handled correctly.
4. Alphanumeric Field Checks
- Use blank and non-blank data.
- Include lowest and highest values.
- Include invalid characters & symbols.
- Include valid characters.
- Include data items with first position blank.
- Include data items with last position blank.
Interface and Error Handling :-
1. Server Interface
- Verify that communication is done correctly, web server-application server, application server-database server and vice versa.
- Compatibility of server software, hardware, network connections.
2. External Interface
- Have all supported browsers been tested?
- Have all error conditions related to external interfaces been tested when external application is unavailable or server inaccessible?
3. Internal Interface
- If the site uses plug-ins, can the site still be used without them?
- Can all linked documents be supported/opened on all platforms (i.e. can Microsoft Word be opened on Solaris)?
- Are failures handled if there are errors in download?
- Can users use copy/paste functionality? Does it allows in password/CVV/credit card no field?
- Are you able to submit unencrypted form data?
4. Internal Interface
- If the system does crash, are the re-start and recovery mechanisms efficient and reliable?
- If we leave the site in the middle of a task does it cancel?
- If we lose our Internet connection does the transaction cancel?
- Does our solution handle browser crashes?
- Does our solution handle network failures between Web site and application servers?
- Have you implemented intelligent error handling (from disabling cookies, etc.)?
- Is the HTML version being used compatible with appropriate browser versions?
- Do images display correctly with browsers under test?
- Verify the fonts are usable on any of the browsers
- Is Java Code/Scripts usable by the browsers under test?
- Have you tested Animated GIFs across browsers?
2. Video Settings
- Screen resolution (check that text and graphic alignment still work, font are readable etc.) like 1024 by 768, 600×800, 640 x 480 pixels etc
- Color depth (256, 16-bit, 32-bit)
3. Connection Speed
- Does the site load quickly enough in the viewer’s browser within 8 Seconds?
- Text and image alignment
- Colors of text, foreground and background
- Scalability to fit paper size
- Tables and borders
- Do pages print legibly without cutting off text?