What is Sikuli ?
- Sikuli is a open source automation Testing tool. It is developed by Java.
- Sikuli is a “Graphical User Interface (GUI)” Automation Testing Tool.
- Sikuli Automates anything You see on the Screen using the “Image recognition method” to identify the “GUI Elements/Components”.
- Sikuli can be used to Automate “Desktop, Window , Adobe/Audio/Video/players, Flash, Flex objects, Games Website objects, Windows Applications and more..”.
- Sikuli can be easily integrated with Selenium and all other Tools and It is simple API, it makes coding easier.
- It provides very friendly Sikuli script jar.
- We are testing an application under development and you don’t know the Locatores(Id,Name,CSS and more) of the elements, then you can go with Sikuli. It will check the appereance of the Image and if match found, it will intact with the Image accordingly.
Sikuli automates anything you see on the screen. It uses image recognition to identify and control GUI components. It is useful when there is no easy access to a GUI’s internal or source code.
Who are developing Sikuli?
Sikuli is an open-source research project originally started at the User Interface Design Group at MIT.